Wine 1.7 packages has been uploaded to Wine PPA just a few minutes ago. It’s available for Ubuntu 13.04 Raring, Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal and Ubuntu 12.04 Precise. So far, the Wine PPA provides Wine 1.5, 1.6, and 1.7.1 development release for Ubuntu and its deviratives.
What’s New in Wine1.7.1:
- Support for keyed event objects.
- Support for the “init once” synchronization mechanism.
- Activation context support for DLLs, typelibs, and COM classes.
- Support for loading 32-bit typelibs on 64-bit.
- Various Mac driver fixes.
- Some fixes for serial port devices.
- Support for vertical text in the Postscript driver.
- Version 2 of liblcms used now instead of version 1.
- Unicode data updated to Unicode 6.2.0.
- Hyperlink controls supported in installers.
- Improved support for XML attributes.
- Various bug fixes.
To get started installing Wine 1.7, press Ctrl+Alt+T key combination on your keyboard to open terminal. When it opens, run below commands to add the PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
sudo apt-get update
Install Wine 1.7:
sudo apt-get install wine1.7 winetricks
To check out your wine version, run: