The Virtualbox 4.3 Beta 2 has been released. It mainly fixed Ubuntu 13.04 3D desktop rendering issues and crashes on X11 hosts.
VirtualBox 4.3 will be a new major release. Here is an incomplete list of chances since VirtualBox 4.3 Beta 1:
- VMM: fixed several regressions; fixed accessing certain MSRs (Intel and AMD)
- VMM: fixed 64-bit guests on 32-bit hosts including fixes for host crashes under certain conditions (see 11979).
- VMM: fixed panics on Mac OS X, see here
- VMM: allow to use VT-x in SMX mode
- GUI: more settings validation fixes
- GUI: medium enumeration overhaul to speed up opening the settings dialog
- GUI: fixed crashes under certain conditions on X11 hosts
- Main: extension pack framework can now support loading HGCM modules, contributed by Jeff Westphal
- Settings: the exclusive HW virtualization setting is now global, not per-VM as before
- NAT: fixed port-forwarding
- NAT: binding IPv4 connectivity to specified interface (global extradata “NAT/
- NAT: DHCP reports list of DNS servers (w/o loopback mapping)
- USB: detect USB2 devices on USB3 ports (Windows hosts only)
- OVF: fixed import regression with double OHCI controller
- 3D: fixed 3D-related crashes and Windows 8.1 rendering issues on OSX hosts
- 3D: fixed Ubuntu 13.04 3D desktop rendering issues
- Solaris hosts: dropped 32-bit support
- Windows Additions: several autoresize and seamless fixes
- Windows Additions: updated Wine sources
- Windows Additions: fixed NT4 regression,
NOTE: Please do NOT use this VirtualBox Beta release on production machines. A VirtualBox Beta release should be considered a bleeding-edge release meant for early evaluation and testing purposes.
Install Virtualbox 4.3 Beta 2 on Ubuntu / Linux Mint
NOTE 2: Virtualbox 4.3 conflicts with other virtualbox version. So you’ll need to remove previous installed release. Virtualbox 4.3 will recognize previous installed guest machines.
Download & install the Debs:
Virtualbox 4.3 beta for Ubuntu 13.04 32-bit | 64-bit
Virtualbox 4.3 beta for Ubuntu 12.10 32-bit | 64-bit
Virtualbox 4.3 beta for Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit | 64-bit
Virtualbox 4.3 beta for Ubuntu 10.04 32-bit | 64-bit
Or you can download the installer for other systems from this page