Xfce Desktop 4.11 has been released days ago. This tutorial is going to show you how to upgrade in (X)Ubuntu 13.10, (X)Ubuntu 13.04, (X)Ubuntu 12.04, (X)Ubuntu 12.10 and their derivatives using the official PPA.
This releases brings Sync to VBlank support for the Xfwm4 compositor as well as following changes:
- xfce4-settings 4.11.1 (read changelog):
- automatically re-enable Laptop-displays if all other displays get disconnected;
- add option to automatically show minimal-display dialog when new display gets connected;
- fix bugs with mnemonic accelerators;
- make touchpad type delay configurable.
- xfdesktop 4.11.0 (read changelog):
- Custom folder icons;
- Apply wallpaper to all workspaces option;
- Add an unmount option and notifications when a device is removed.
- libxfce4ui 4.11.0 (read changelog):
- GTK3 version of libxfce4ui for applications that use it.
- improved keyboard shortcut handling code.
Upgrade to Xfce 4.11:
Press Ctrl+Alt+T on your keyboard to open terminal. When it opens, run following commands one by one:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:xubuntu-dev/xfce-4.10 sudo add-apt-repository ppa:xubuntu-dev/xfce-4.12 sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get dist-upgrade