The Ubuntu Desktop configuration tool Ubuntu Tweak has released version 0.8.0 with new web based Apps tab to let you install latest apps easily.
Ubuntu Tweak 0.8.0 release notes:
* Overview of Changes
- New web based Apps feature to let you install latest apps easily
- Always keep up-to-date (need Internet connection)
- In the same interface, you can manage the app and source
- List of new apps recently added
* Bugs fixed
- Fix misspelled item “Shortcut hits overlay:”
- Janitor preparation to remove kernels results in crash of Ubuntu Tweak
- Scripts bugs image convert if file has some spaces
Install Ubuntu Tweak 0.8.0 in Ubuntu 12.04 and Ubuntu 11.10:
Ubuntu Tweak Stable PPA has updated the new version of packages for Ubuntu 12.04 and 11.10. You can install it using following three commands.
Hit Ctrl+Alt+T to open terminal window, copy and paste this command and hit enter to add PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tualatrix/ppa
Then update and install ubuntu-tweak:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-tweak
Or directly download deb package and double click to install via software-center.