I have a username and a password for my broadband connection. Everytime when I installed a new Ubuntu on my old machine, I used command line way configuring pppoe network connection.
- 1. Open terminal from the dash home or press Ctrl+Alt+T, execute this command:
- 2. It starts looking for pppoe access concentrator on eth0…
- 3. Say yes on this configure on /etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider
- 4. Say yes until you see this prompt, and enter the username.
- 5. Then enter the password
- 6. Say yes and OK on following pages and the network connection should be OK
PPPoE will auto connect at startup, you can use following commands to make a manual connection:
- start with:
- stop with: