This simple and brief tutorial is going to show you how to remove the ugly white dots from the LightDM login screen in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail.
There’re two ways:
1. Hit Ctrl+Alt+T to open terminal, copy and paste following 3 commands and run one by one:
- Allow user lightdm to create a connection to the X server:
sudo xhost +SI:localuser:lightdm
- Switch to user lightdm in terminal:
sudo su lightdm -s /bin/bash
- Disable draw grid in unity greeter:
gsettings set com.canonical.unity-greeter draw-grid false
2. The second way is using the popular Ubuntu configuring tool Ubuntu-Tweak: Tweaks -> Login Settings -> unlock -> turn off draw grid.
Ubuntu Tweak is available at launchpad.net/ubuntu-tweak