Hawksope is a cross-platform pluggable menu based launcher.With it,you can quickly read your gmail messages,access to twitter,instant access your delicious.com bookmarks,search with google and access hard drive contents.
Hawkscope is a productivity tool that allows you to access your hard drive contents quickly via system tray / menubar icon with dynamic pop-up menu.
* Completely Free and Open Source
* Cross platform, runs on Windows, Linux and Mac
* Navigation through hard drive contents via dynamic popup menu
* System wide global hotkey for invoking menu right under mouse location (on Windows and Linux only)
* Configurable favourite locations for quick access
* Hide unwanted drives, folders or files by adding them to blacklist
* Plugin system
Download and install Hawkscope
Select to download deb package and double click to install hawkscope,then you can launch this from Applications->Accessories->Hawkscope.In top-right,there will be a new icon,click it and you will get the menu.
Download plugins from:http://code.google.com/p/hawkscope/wiki/Plugins
Then,you need copy the downloaded plugins (.jar file) and paste them to /usr/share/hawscope/plugins folder:
Click Hawkscope->Wraith(here should be your username)->Open->This will open the file manager with root privilege->do the copy and paste things in this file manager.