This brief tutorial will show you how to display Places menu on Ubuntu Unity panel and make this menu indicator starts at log-in.
- First download the indicator:
It’s .tar.gz or .zip file. Extract and go into new created folder, and click to run indicator-places.py
- To start this indicator at login, launch Startup Applications from the dash home. Click Add:
- Name: Places Menu Indicator
- Command: python ~/Downloads/shamil-indicator-places-5509fae/indicator-places.py ## python path/to/file.py
- Comment: Display places menu on Unity panel