Photo is a simple, yet powerful and good looking image viewer, written in Qt, published as open-source, and completely free.
Photo comes with a variety of features. Most features you would expect from a image viewer should be there. It’s constantly being developed and improved.
The list below is meant to give you a rough idea of Photo’s abilities and is by far not an exhaustive list:
- Support of all image formats supported by your Qt setup
- Basic image manipulations (Rotating, Flipping, Zooming)
- Basic File Management (Renaming, Deleting, Moving, Copying)
- Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts
- Exif information
- Highly Adjustable to your custom preference
- Interface that doesn’t get into your way
Install ‘Photo’ in Ubuntu using PPA:
Hit Ctrl+Alt+T to open terminal, then run following 3 commands one by one to install ‘Photo’ image viewer (supports Ubuntu 13.04, Ubuntu 12.10 & Ubuntu 12.04):
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:samrog131/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install photo