MLDonkey is the open source eDonkey client.It gives details about connected servers,downloaded files,friends and lets one search for files in a pleasing way.
* 100% Open Source, GPL license
* runs on Linux, Unix, Solaris, MacOSX, MorphOS and Windows
* The p2p core can run on a resource limited headless computer, with remote GUI clients accessing it over the network.
o The core is built to run as daemon for days, weeks, ever…
* Several different GUIs available, some of them developed separately.
* Multi-user support: the same core can queue and process downloads for several different users who can’t see what the others are downloading.
* Several different file-sharing networks supported:
o ED2K (and Kademlia and Overnet)
o (FastTrack, SoulSeek, Gnutella and G2 need work)
* The core can download the same file from several different networks simultaneously.
* Scriptable command-line interface available. It’s possible to control all aspects of mldonkey from the CLI.
* Written in ObjectiveCaml, with some parts written in C and some in Assembly.
Install MLDonkey in Ubuntu
Go to Applications->Ubuntu Software Center,search “mldonkey” then click to install.
Launch Mldonkey from Applications->Internet->MLDonkey
Read more about MLDonkey:http://mldonkey.sourceforge.net/Main_Page