This simple tutorial will show you how to install the latest version of LMMS (Linux MultiMedia Studio) 0.4.13 in Ubuntu 12.04, 11.10, 11.04, and 10.04.
LMMS is a free cross-platform alternative to commercial programs like FL Studio®, which allow you to produce music with your computer. This includes the creation of melodies and beats, the synthesis and mixing of sounds, and arranging of samples. You can have fun with your MIDI-keyboard and much more; all in a user-friendly and modern interface.
- Song-Editor for composing songs
- A Beat+Bassline-Editor for creating beats and basslines
- An easy-to-use Piano-Roll for editing patterns and melodies
- An FX mixer with 64 FX channels and arbitrary number of effects allow unlimited mixing possibilities
- Many powerful instrument and effect-plugins out of the box
- Full user-defined track-based automation and computer-controlled automation sources
- Compatible with many standards such as SoundFont2, VST(i), LADSPA, GUS Patches, and MIDI
- Import of MIDI and FLP (Fruityloops® Project) files
Install LMMS 0.4.13 in Ubuntu 12.04, 11.10, 10.04, 11.04:
There’s a PPA that contains the latest stable version of LMMS packages for Ubuntu. It also contains other free Music Production Apps.
To add the ppa and install LMMS, open terminal from the dash home and execute three commands:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:dns/sound sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install lmms