URD is a program to download binaries from usenet (newsgroups) via a web based interface. Downloading requires only a few clicks. Optionally, an NZB file can be created. When the download is finished it can automatically verify the par2 or sfv files and decompress the results.
The latest version 1.8.0 brings some bright new features and impromevents:
- Added initial usenet configuration to installer
- Enabled inline images for spots to be shown
- Added spots statistics per spot subcategory
- Show text files and images in a popup
- URD doesn’t necessarily depend on yydecode anymore, but has it’s own native implementation. Yet that one still has to be tested and performance may be suboptimal.
URD is available from GetDeb repository for Ubuntu 13.04 Raring, 12.04 Precise. To install it in Ubuntu, first download and install this DEB to add the GetDeb to your repository:
After that, install URD via Synaptic Package Manager. Or run commands below:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install urd