Tomahawk is a social media player that multi-source, socially-connected, cross-platform, and open-source. It hooks you up with friends – connect with your jabber/gtalk/twitter friends and share collections and playlists.
Recently, Tomahawk released 0.4 version with the new sidebar layout, content resolves faster than before – as well as loads of other performance optimizations, UX improvements and bug fixes. More read www.tomahawk-player.org
New in tomahawk 0.4.0:
* Added visual notification for database indexing job.
* Fixed icons not appearing in resolvers list.
* Fixed various UI glitches and stray error messages in stations.
* Fixed bug where album page would resolve bottom-to-top.
* Fixed bug where Footnotes would not update when changing selected album in Album View.
* Fixed dragging albums and artists from charts, album, and artist views.
* Fixed bug where filter text would be one step behind filter value.
* Fixed bug where resolvers would enable themselves after auto-updating.
* Fixed occasional crash when dropping tracks onto New Station item.
* Added jump-to-current-track support for search results page.
* Fixed out of sync Show/Hide menu items on OS X when hidden with cmd-h.
* Fixed non-resolving tracks when dragging from album view.
* Fixed /Volumes directory not showing up on OS X.
* Fixed fetching album covers for albums with special characters.
* Show errors and continue gracefully when resolved audio is not available.
* Fixed various crashes on exit.
* Added basic command-line options for playback control.
* Bumped up web api timeouts to allow web clients to finish resolving.
* Added filename suggestion when exporting a playlist.
* Cleaned up highlighting of artist names in album view.
* Cleaned up alignment of playlist items.
* Fixed potential crash when searching.
* Added support for disc number.
* Added SoundCloudWall.com charts.
* Added ability to “lock on” to a user when listening along, to skip along.
* Fixed bug where loved tracks would be refreshed much too often.
* Fixed startup crash on OS X.
* Fixed some font size issues.
* Sped up Tomahawk startup by moving chart loading into a separate thread.
* Added support for parsing Grooveshark and Tinysong tracks and playlists.
* Reorganized sidebar to follow more logical item groupings.
* Added artist and album results to global searches.
* Fixed style and contrast issues when using GTK styles.
* Fixed paths to artwork when using MPRIS2 interface.
Install Tomahawk in Ubuntu:
Add this ppa which contains Ubuntu packages for the Tomahawk social media player. (For now support Ubuntu 11.04, 11.10, and 12.04)
Then update and install tomahawk via
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tomahawk/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install tomahawk