This simple and brief tutorial is going to show you how to install StepMania 5 in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring, 12.10 Quantal, 12.04 Precise.
StepMania is a music/rhythm game. The player presses different buttons in time to the music and to note patterns that scroll across the screen. Features 3D graphics, visualizations, support for gamepads/dance pads, a step recording mode, and more!
StepMania 5 (previously known as StepMania SSC/”sm-ssc”) is the next generation of StepMania. It makes the assumption that most players play at home (either with a keyboard, dance pad/controller/other input device, or even an arcade machine).
Some of SM5′s features include:
- Per-chart TimingData (aka “Split BPM”)
- The ability to enable AutoSetStyle, allowing for multiple styles (e.g. dance-single, dance-solo) during a single gameplay session.
- New game modes and chart types (e.g. kb7, dance-threepanel).
- Various new features for themers (via Lua bindings or otherwise)
To get started, press Ctrl+Alt+T to open terminal and follow the steps below:
1.) Add the playdeb repository:
- Run this command in terminal to download playdeb package:
- Install the pacakge via this command:
sudo dpkg -i playdeb_0.3-1~getdeb1_all.deb
2.) Update the app repository:
sudo apt-get update
3.) Now install the Game with this command:
sudo apt-get install sm-ssc
Once installed, search for and open it in the Unity Dash Home.