SMplayer is a GUI front-end for MPlayer, from basic features like playing videos, DVDs, and VCDs to more advanced features like support for MPlayer filters and more.
SMplayer released version 0.6.10 few days ago, with following changes:
- New vdpau configuration dialog, which allow to select the vdpau codecs to use.
- Port for OS/2 (by Silvan Scherrer).
- New menu to select the closed caption channel (requires mplayer >= r32607).
- Possibility to select the seeking method (absolute or relative).
- Possibility to sort the items of the playlist.
Ubuntu hardy 8.04, jaunty 9.04, karmic 9.10, lucid 10.04, maverick 10.10, natty 11.04, oneiric 11.10, and precise 12.04 can install the latest SMplayer 0.6.10 fromvia following commands in a terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:rvm/smplayer sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install smplayer
Windows .exe file: SMplayer Downloads page