New nvidia official driver for Linux stable 270.41.19 and beta 275.09 has come out for few days.
- Fixed a bug in the VDPAU presentation queue that could cause 1 second hangs when transitioning from blit-based display to overlay- based display. This would most commonly happen when disabling a compositing manager.
- Fixed a bug that could cause crashes when capturing SDI video.
- Fixed a corner-case in which the OpenGL driver could leak resources in applications utilizing fork().
- Addressed a Linux kernel interface compatibility problem that could lead to ioremap() errors and, potentially, functional and/or stability problems.
- Fixed a bug that caused SLI initialization to fail on some Intel based systems.
- Fixed a bug that caused SLI initialization to fail when using recent Linux kernels, such as 2.6.38.
It has been added into X Updates PPA for Ubuntu 11.04 Natty and Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric. You can use following commands in terminal to install this stable version in Natty and Oneiric:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install nvidia-current
If you’re running Ubuntu 10.10 or older or you want to test 275.09 beta version, download packages from official site: