This is simple guide on getting start µTorrent on Ubuntu 12.04.
µTorrent is a very tiny BitTorrent client, super fast and ultra light. µTorrent’s built for speed. That means ultra-efficient downloads of mega-sized files.
- 1. Go to µTorrent official site, and click get µTorrent to download it.
- 2. Launch file browser and navigate to the folder where you save the µTorrent. Right click on it and select “Extract Here”
- 3. Navigate to extracted “utorrent-server-v3_0″ folder, right-click on “utserver” file -> Properties -> Permissions tab -> allow executing as a program
- 4. Now double click “utserver” file to start uTorrent server. utserver is running as a background program, so that’s right you see nothing happens.
- 5. Now launch a web browser firefox, chrome, whatever.
- 6. Now you get the web interface