gCAD3D is a 3D CAD CAM application that features an integrated 3D OpenGL viewer, a program interpreter for geometry and NC-commands in 3D, an integrated NC-processor, and a programming interface for user programs. It has support for importing Step files and support for both importing and exporting Iges, DXF, and VRML files.
This application requires GTK+ version 2.0.x. Other dependencies include: glibc 2.3.3, GTK+2, OpenGL(Mesa).
gCAD3D is an open-source software, works on both MS-Windows and Linux. It has following features:
- import and export-programs (Step, Iges, VRML, DXF, SVG ..),
- integrated 3D-OpenGL viewer,
- program interpreter for geometry and NC commands in 3D,
- integrated NC processor.
- programming interface for userprograms (plugins)
- available for MS-Windows (32-bit), Linux (64 and 32-bit)
Recently, gCAD3D released version 1.82 with bugfixes.
.deb and .exe can be download by: http://www.gcad3d.org/gCAD3D.htm#Downloads
sudo dpkg -i PACKAGE.deb to install the Deb. It may prompt to install the dependencies. Use
sudo apt-get install to install them.