Format Junkie is a graphical user interface user-friendly application which can convert video, audio, image files to all the popular formats! This simple tutorial is going to show you how to install this media converter in Ubuntu 12.04, 12.10.
Format Junkie supports:
- Conversion between the audio formats: mp3, mp2, wav, ogg, wma, flac, m4r, m4a and aac
- Conversion between the video formats: avi, ogv, vob, mp4, vob, flv, 3gp, mpg, mkv, wmv
- Conversion between the image formats: jpg, png, ico, bmp, svg, tif, pcx, pdf, tga, pnm
- Create an iso with selected files, convert iso to cso and vice versa.
- Encode subtitles to an avi file.
Install Format Junkie in Ubuntu 12.04 and 12.10
Format Junkie media converter has a ppa and for now provides packages for Ubuntu 12.04, and 12.10. Launch a terminal window from the dash or press Ctrl+Alt+T, copy and paste this command into terminal and hit enter to add Format Junkie PPA
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:format-junkie-team/release
Then update and install the converter:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install formatjunkie