If you’re looking for a web TV player or a radio player for your Ubuntu Linux, beside Sopcast freetuxTV is a good choice for you to watch television channels from internet.
The goal of this project is to create a WebTV player, working on the Linux platform. It can be used by french people to watch ADSL TV on the PC with ISPs or by other people to watch WebTV and Web Radio in many languages. The GUI is developed in GTK2+ and is using the VLC engine to display the channels.
- Play channel TV and radio:
- Play in full screen mode and miniature mode.
- More than 365 logos of TV channels.
- Support for keyboard multimedia keys.
- Add custom groups of channels from M3U playlists.
- Time shifting.
- Recording live channels with ability to set duration.
- Ability to create favorite channels groups.
- Multi-language interface: English, French, German, Portugese
Install FreetuxTV from PPA, running following commands in Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:freetuxtv/freetuxtv sudo aptitude update sudo apt-get install freetuxtv
Launch from Applications -> Sound & Video -> FreetuxTV Television Channels Player
Code on Google : http://code.google.com/p/freetuxtv/wiki/HomePage?tm=6
Wiki : http://code.google.com/p/freetuxtv/w/list