feh is an X11 image viewer aimed mostly at console users. Unlike most other viewers, it does not have a fancy GUI, but simply displays images. It is controlled via commandline arguments and configurable key/mouse actions.
- Various operation modes:
- Slideshow: Show all files in or below a directory, change slides with your keyboard or automatically after a delay
- Thumbnail: List files as clickable thumbnails
- List: ls-like output with image dimensions etc.
- Multiwindow: Open all images at once
- optional HTTP/FTP support via libcurl
- Can be used as wallpapersetter, supports rxvt transparency
- Filelist support
- Lots of configurable keyboard shortcuts. Perfectly usable without mouse
- Custom actions (shell commands), e.g. for sorting images
feh is available in Ubuntu universe repositoy, install it via Ubuntu Software Center or:
sudo apt-get install feh
The default version might be old, download the latest source code: http://feh.finalrewind.org/