Enable Viacam (eViacam) is a free, open-source, webcam based mouse emulator that moves the pointer as you move your head.
The software features:
- Control your computer with intuitive head movements. No need to use your hands!
- Works with any good quality webcam. No cables, no dots, no additional hardware required.
- Simple installation, intuitive use. The integrated configuration wizard gets you started easily.
- Pointer speed, motion acceleration and smoothness, dwelling time, and many other variables can be adjusted to fit the user’s needs.
- Specifically designed to eliminate the need for assistance after installation.
For Ubuntu and its derivatives, we can easily install the software from the developer’s PPA. Works on Ubuntu releases from 10.04 Lucid up to 14.04 Trusty.
Just open up a terminal window (Ctrl+Alt+T) and run following commands one by one:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:cesar-crea-si/eviacam sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install eviacam
Or you can directly download the .deb installer from the Launchpad page.
Once installed, open eViacam from the Unity Dash or menu and follow the configuration wizard to setup your webcam, click behavior and enjoy!