This tutorial will explain how to enable Compiz effects Desktop Cute, Rotate Cube, 3D windows on Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin.
Here we go :
- 1. Open terminal from the dash home or press Ctrl+Alt+T, execute this command to check if your machine support compiz effects or not:
You’ll get this similar output:
- 2. Install video card driver by launch Additional Drivers :
- 3. Install Compiz Config Settings Manager:
sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager
- 4. Launch Compiz Config Stetings Manager (sscm)
- 5. Tick on Desktop Cube, Rotate Cube. Press and hold CtrL+Alt then drag your mouse and you get:
- 6. Tick on Cube Reflection and Deformation and 3D windows, then hold Ctrl+Alt and drag the mouse.
- 7. Top and bottom pictures in cube can be configured under the configuration page of Cube Reflection and Deformation