ARandR is a visual front end for XRandR 1.2 (per display options), which provides full controll over positioning, saving and loading to/from shell scripts and easy integration with other applications.
- Full control over output positioning (instead of plain “left of”) with edge snapping
- Saving configurations as executable shell scripts (configurations can be loaded without using this program)
- Configuration files can be edited to include additional payload (like xsetwacom commands tablet PC users need when rotating), which is preserved when editing
- Metacity key binding integration:
- Saved configurations can be bound to arbitrary keys via metacity’s custom commands.
- Several layouts can be bound to one key; they are cycled through. (Useful for “rotate” buttons on tablet PCs.)
- Main widget separated from packaged application (to facilitate integration with existing solutions)
For Ubuntu just use this command in terminal:
sudo apt-get install arandr
After installation, find it in the menu : System -> Preferences -> ARandR
Homepage of ARandR :