Axe menu is a gnome shell(3.2 and 3.4) extension. It launches app menu as classic style with Places, user folders, user menu, favorite apps, and all applications.
Control Axe Menu:
- Right click on the menu to open settings manager.
- Left click to open the menu >> start typing right away to search for what you’re looking for >> press Enter to open the first search result.
- Press “Tab” on your keyboard to switch between Favorites and All applications.
- The bold and underlined texts are your favorites.
- To add an app to favorites, hover that app, right click. A box will appear, click Yes to confirm.
- To remove an app from favorite, hover that app (the bold and underlined ones), right click. A box will appear, click Yes to confirm.
- The menu is bound to “SuperR” button. See README for details.
Install Axe Menu Extension in Gnome Shell:
You can install Axe Menu under gnome shell using Firefox to visit:
Or, open up terminal and execute following commands:
wget -c -O axemenu-gnome-shell.tar.gz http://k210.org/axemenu/last/ tar xvfz axemenu-gnome-shell.tar.gz -C $HOME/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/
Then, enable axe menu from Advance Settings (
sudo apt-get install gnome-tweak-tool)
In addition, axe menu replace the Activity button. The Activity button can be found in right top.