Amarok 2.7, codenamed “A Minor Tune” was released on January 18. This version comes with the following brand new major features, developed during last year’s Google Summer of Code:
- Preliminary version of the Nepomuk Collection plug-in
- Statistics Synchronization between collections and with Last.fm
List of All Important Changes:
- Track dragging support in Unique Tracks tab of the Synchronize Statistics action; allows you to do a “diff” between collections and transfer missing tracks. (BR 237266)
- Amarok now scrobbles tracks in streams if the stream correctly updates meta-data. (BR 240732)
- When scrobbling to Last.fm, Amarok announces suggested tag corrections (configurable). (BR 309697)
- Ability to scrobble recently played tracks from iPod (and the like) to Last.fm.
- Synchronization of labels and rating between Last.fm and Amarok collections; play count can be synchronized one-way from Last.fm to Amarok. (BR 206249)
- Statistics synchronization between collections, supports rating, first / last played time, play count and labels.
- New APG constraint: Specify a total file size for playlist. (BR 283618)
- Amazon store: Added support for Amazon MP3 in Italy and Spain. (BR 307981)
- Mark downloaded podcast episodes to keep, even when purge is enabled. (BR 261062)
- Nepomuk plugin: Play and manage tracks using the Nepomuk database.
- Support for reading and writing tags from/to mod, s3m, it and xm files. Patch by Mathias Panzenböck.
- Amazon store: It is now possible to add items to your shopping cart using amarok:// URLs.
- Amazon store: Use the context info applet to show further infos about a selected item.
- New argument –debug-audio to enable Phonon debugging.
- Amazon store: We now ship a utility to handle downloads from Amazon.
- Files page has been made more intuitive by making Places the root view and significantly improving breadcrumbs behaviour.
- Make dropping large directories into playlist more responsive by reading track metadata asynchronously in a background thread.
- Harmonize keyboard, mouse and context menu behaviour of the Files pane so that it matches Local Music and Saved Playlists panes. (BR 307386)
- Last.fm Skip button re-added after being removed in Beta by error. (BR 311733)
- Podcast episodes are now loaded asynchronously on startup to reduce delays.
- Removed alpha state and not really working spectrum analyzer applet.
Before 2.7 Beta:
- Dependencies raised, Amarok now depends on Qt >= 4.8 and kdelibs >= 4.8.4.
- When configuring Last.fm plug-in, the changes are now applied immediately in most places. (BR 311331)
- If liblastfm is provided, it is strongly recommended to use version 1.0.3 or newer for fixes of bugs that otherwise prevent iPod scrobbling and synchronization.
- Configure Amarok dialog gets new Metadata tab to grab some weight from the Collection tab and to configure statistics synchronization.
- APG now saves its presets each time it’s run, to lessen preset loss if Amarok crashes. (BR 294743)
- APG playlists no longer limited to 100 tracks. (BR 301829)
- The confusing “Local Collection Backends” category of plugins was removed from the Configure dialog. All backends are enabled from now on.
- Statistics of tracks outside of collections are only read/saved to file tags (if enabled) instead of being kept in the database.
- Last.fm Skip button removed; Last.fm API no longer provides it. (BR 305576)
- Optional liblastfm dependency raised to 1.0.0. (BR 302597)
- Add composer button to wikipedia applet (BR 272982)
- New optional dependency for Amazon downloads: clamz.
- Fix a regression where stream metadata would be forgotten on start. (BR 305389)
- Fix scrobbling of plain files streamed over http. (BR 309976)
- Fix scrobble-before-play behaviour when playing Last.fm streams.
- Fix double-scrobbling when playing Last.fm streams. (BR 311852)
- Fix The size of rating stars should not change in inline editing (BR 209684)
- Various improvements that should result in more stable Audio CD playback (modulo phonon-vlc BR 313046). (BR 305708, BR 308084, BR 311446)
- Fix queued track indicator overflow, patch by Riccardo Ferrazzo. (BR 253802)
- Fix Amarok crashes when selecting song with Enter [@ Playlist::PrettyListView::trackActivate] (BR 312439)
- Fix amarok starts at beginning of playlist if you previously stopped during a track (BR 312183)
- Audio CD: fix crash due to no composer being set. (BR 293698)
- Audio CD: fix track recreation on startup. (BR 312685)
- Fix incorrect display of folder names containing & (ampersand) in File browser breadcrumbs. (BR 244817)
- Fix Media Sources pane growing in size when navigating in it. (BR 246029)
- Fix Media Sources breadcrumb items sometimes appearing as new windows. (BR 285712)
- Fix editability and drop-ability of playlist folders.
- Make track announcements via KDE Notifications instant. (BR 263952)
- Fix dynamic playlist progress bar.
- Fix Last played bias is ignored or doesn’t work. (BR 311906)
- Fix amarok dynamic play list with biases EchoNest similar artist gives no results. (BR 291162)
- Fix When I try to create a dynamic playlist by Last.fm similar songs creation takes a lot time. (BR 301716)
- Fix updating of Amarok database playlists then track uid changes. (BR 312128)
- Fix hangs and inappropriate messages when trying to play a track from a saved playlist that has been deleted in the mean time. (BR 308371)
- Fix existing files preventing complete transfer of tracks to collection. (BR 312001)
- Fix crash then doing Last.fm love with uninitialized Last.fm plugin. (BR 311857)
- Fix Last.fm streams not being correctly recreated on startup. (BR 305576)
- Fix Ampache albums & track not being shown, a recent regression. (BR 310862)
- Fix crash in Network Requests Viewer. (BR 311760)
- Definitely prevent crash when using File Browser breadcrumbs. (BR 265626)
- Prevent crash in ServiceBase::setModel triggered by Last.fm rewrite. (BR 311723)
- Fix incorrect display of Last.fm tags and other items. (BR 244555)
Before 2.7 Beta:
- Fix empty collection when using DynamicCollection=false (BR 265419)
- Fix suboptimal KWallet usage in Last.fm plugin. (BR 292096)
- Fix crash in Last.fm plugin caused by sloppy KWallet usage. (BR 306134)
- Fix WMA files interpret Album as Album Artist (BR 276015)
- Fix after adding next slash previous one disappears in organize collection (BR 296136)
- Fix Dynamic Collection and other features not working if the database was initially created by a very old Amaork version. (BR 302837)
- Fix incorrect “Stop after current” indicator behaviour in some cases. (BR 253822)
- Fix untranslatable texts in preset dynamic playlists. (BR 276023)
- Better Last.fm scrobbling behaviour and error reporting due to rewrite, should fix long-standing problems. (BR 293320, BR 285820)
- Update stream meta-data correctly even with phonon-gstreamer back-end. (BR 300189)
- Fix available transcoding encoders detection with ffmpeg 1.0. (BR 309454)
- Fix playback resuming with phonon-gstreamer; raise phonon-vlc dependency to at least 0.6.1 as a side-effect. (BR 290612)
- Create collections even for SD/MMC/etc. cards on PCI-connected slots
- Fixed some incorrect logic in the PlaylistLength constraint, which was causing the APG to create playlists that were shorter than expected. (BR 293616)
- Improve Duplicate files found dialog. (BR 308762)
- Fix crashes in SqlRegistry because of its false thread-safety. (BR 230991)
- Fix crash on malformed DAAP reply. (BR 284186)
- Fix first & last played time not remembered for files outside of collection.
- Nepomuk plugin now makes Nepomuk ratings visible in Amarok. (BR 174630)
- Fix some track tag modifications not being updated until restart (e.g. changing disc number from 1 to 0).
- Repeat playlist correctly with a single track playlist. (BR 290955)
- Don’t append playlist when pressing enter while editing. (BR 305203)
- Fix track transfer to iPods in de (and perhaps other) locale. (BR 305134)
Install Amarok 2.7 in (K)Ubuntu 12.10:
Hit Ctrl+Alt+T to open terminal, then run following 3 commands one by one to install it from Kubuntu Backports ppa:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install amarok